RSS Feed

Race to find the Clouds

Yesterdays run was hot, hot, hot! It reminded me why I usually run more in the spring and fall than in the summer. I hate running when it is hot. The sad part is the high was only 80 degrees. But at 4:00 in the afternoon with dry heat, it felt much hotter. My mouth was thirsty 1/2 mile into the run.


Sweaty Mess!

While I was struggling during this run, I kept thinking about how I ran a marathon in the hills of San Fran, but was struggling with a 6 mile run in the heat in Denver. When the two clouds in the sky blocked the sun, I ran as fast as I could. When the sun was beating down on me, I slowed the pace considerably.


Run Stats:
6 miles/AP 9:12


I'm still lacking the motivation to officially start training for the NYCM. With only 70 days left to go, I should probably get on that. I am going to try for 10 this weekend, which will be my first double digit run since SF. I submitted my SF time for NY and it put me in the 3:30 group. Ummm, I don't think so!!! Hopefully I can move back on race day.


Any advice on running back to back marathons? I feel like I can really only do minimal training for NY and I hope that is enough!

0 comments:

Post a Comment